Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Cottage


Like we don't have enough projects going on at the moment, I am dreaming of the day when we can get started on the cottage on the property. I say "cottage" loosely as its a tumbling down hay barn right now. BUT - I have BIG dreams for it as it will be great to have an extra cottage on the property, will increase the property's value and I have always wanted to renovate a barn, ever since my parent's nearly bought a 14th century Tythe Barn in the U.K. that still had cow poop in it, unfortunately the sale fell through, but what an amazing project that would have been.


So my plans for the cottage include attaching a container on the side of it that will house the kitchen and bathroom and the main part of the barn will be a big living area with loft bedroom above . I love the idea of the modern container with the old world barn. And then a big wrap around deck. These pics are what I imagine the place to look like when we are done.....hehehehehe.

1 comment:

  1. Lots of work to be done on the cottage! I like the idea!

    ReplyDelete